Wednesday, March 26, 2014

52 Weeks Book Challenge



For several months, I have been slowly savoring the pages of a book after my quiet time. That book is....



One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are
by Ann Voskamp

Between the pages of this book, Ann shares the struggles and hard places of her life that brought her to ask and answer these questions:

 Where is joy in the midst of cruelty and chaos, duties and despair?
How does one slow down enough for the soul and God to live in sync?
How in the world do we learn to find God and live fully?

Through piles of laundry, homeschooling kids, and everyday routine, Ann finds the one motivating key that will answer all of those questions. I really enjoyed this book. I am beginning to practice Ann's ideas in my own life, taking one small step at a time, trying to discover for myself, how to live fully right where the Lord has me.  




No comments: